- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press each into the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside. In a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; stir until smooth. Add to meat and mix well. Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffins cups, using about 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin and serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forFarmhouse Barbecue Muffins
"Great classic recipe! If running short on time or have a favorite bbq sauce, simply substitute the ketchup mix for a heaping 1/2 cup of your own flavor. Make sure you spray your muffin tins, they will pop right out with ease. These make great leftovers for quick hand held breakfast for picky teenagers! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that let me customize flavors."
"These would be good with out the sugar . If you are diabetic you should use ground turkey with grated carrots, green peppers, thinly chopped celery,some garlic,and of course salt and pepper."
"A great and fun recipe to make. I added some diced green pepper to give it a little color. And i'll have to remember to really thin out the dough so it doesn't become too thick when it rises. I'll be making this again."
"My family devoured these...huge hit!"
"Sooooo good!!! My 12 year old grandson Malachi made these for us. They were yummy and everyone loved them!!!"
"Some of the best from scratch BBQ"
"We thought these were wonderful. We had enough to reheat and they were just as good reheated. I did add chopped onion and green pepper to the meat mixture while cooking.. The recipe is in my file....A 5 star recipe."
"easy and delicious!"
"My family loves this recipe. However, I decrease the amount of brown sugar to 1- 1 1/2 TBS, add a little bit of onions and a couple of drops of liquid smoke."
"Even my picky daughter loved these."