Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press each onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; add to beef and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffin cups, using about 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Feb 20, 2018
Great classic recipe! If running short on time or have a favorite bbq sauce, simply substitute the ketchup mix for a heaping 1/2 cup of your own flavor. Make sure you spray your muffin tins, they will pop right out with ease. These make great leftovers for quick hand held breakfast for picky teenagers! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that let me customize flavors.
Mar 26, 2017
These would be good with out the sugar . If you are diabetic you should use ground turkey with grated carrots, green peppers, thinly chopped celery,some garlic,and of course salt and pepper.
Sep 18, 2016
A great and fun recipe to make. I added some diced green pepper to give it a little color. And i'll have to remember to really thin out the dough so it doesn't become too thick when it rises. I'll be making this again.
Sep 10, 2015
My family devoured these...huge hit!
Sep 22, 2014
Sooooo good!!! My 12 year old grandson Malachi made these for us. They were yummy and everyone loved them!!!
Mar 1, 2013
Some of the best from scratch BBQ
Aug 10, 2012
We thought these were wonderful. We had enough to reheat and they were just as good reheated. I did add chopped onion and green pepper to the meat mixture while cooking.. The recipe is in my file....A 5 star recipe.
Jul 30, 2012
Easy and delicious!
Jul 16, 2012
My family loves this recipe. However, I decrease the amount of brown sugar to 1- 1 1/2 TBS, add a little bit of onions and a couple of drops of liquid smoke.
Jul 10, 2012
Even my picky daughter loved these.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.