Farmer’s Market Squash Saute
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute squash and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella, basil and salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 76 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 22, 2012
So easy and so delicious. I did leave out the tomatoes.
Jul 8, 2011
Excellent! Husband who doesn't particularly like basil even enjoyed this!
Jun 8, 2011
Well, when my husband takes a second helping of vegetables, it must be a good recipe. I made this with Simply Seasoned Chicken as suggested in Simple and Delicious and added mushrooms and onion. Very good and will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.