“I found this recipe in the newspaper several years ago and love it—especially for overnight guests,” writes Lynn Ames from Idaho Falls, Idaho. “I can whip it up in no time flat. Whenever I serve it, I’m asked for the recipe.” LYNN’S TIP: “Add fresh fruit and hot coffee for a simple but satisfying breakfast.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 9 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, green pepper and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; stir in ham and mushrooms. Stir into potato mixture. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 359mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 9, 2014
Very good and easy to make.
Apr 22, 2011
Yummy! I used frozen hashbrowns, frozen peppers & onions. Wow was this good. Very easy to make.
Jan 3, 2009
Very good. I cut the recipe in half since there is just two of us. I also used fresh sliced mushrooms.