- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or sage
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl; mash potatoes. Add onions, garlic, butter, milk, egg yolks, pepper and nutmeg; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in parsley, sausage and cheeses. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFarm-Style Sausage Bake
"This is a great tasting dish and I made it just as the recipe reads"
"I have made this casserole enough times to write a review and highly recommend it! It's easy, quick and tasty. I have made it for potluck get-togethers, as well as a last minute dinner option with high regards. Once I panicked when I thought I'd lost this recipe. It's definitely one I want to keep a hard copy of for future use!"
"Excellent! My kids are picky eaters and my entire family loved it and asked to eat it again!"