- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 to 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- Dash each pepper and ground nutmeg
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, sliced
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or rubbed sage
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl; mash potatoes. Beat in milk, butter, green onions, garlic, egg yolks, pepper and nutmeg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in sausage, cheeses and parsley. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFarm-Style Sausage Bake
"Good, but nothing special. Just mashed potatoes with sausage mixed in."
"This is a great tasting dish and I made it just as the recipe reads"
"I have made this casserole enough times to write a review and highly recommend it! It's easy, quick and tasty. I have made it for potluck get-togethers, as well as a last minute dinner option with high regards. Once I panicked when I thought I'd lost this recipe. It's definitely one I want to keep a hard copy of for future use!"
"Excellent! My kids are picky eaters and my entire family loved it and asked to eat it again!"