Farm Friend Cupcakes
These chick and pig cupcakes just can't get more adorable. Young children especially are taken with them! —Colleen Palmer, Epping, New Hampshire
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Pink and yellow paste food coloring
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Assorted candies (Brach's white dessert mints, pink mint candy lozenges and Good & Plenty candies)
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- For pigs, tint 1 can of frosting pink; frost 12 cupcakes. Attach baking bits and dessert mints for eyes, pink candy lozenges for snouts, baking bits for nostrils and Good & Plenty candies for ears.
- For chicks, tint 2-1/2 cups frosting yellow; transfer to a pastry bag. Insert #17 star tip; pipe frosting onto 11 cupcakes. Pipe on feathers. Attach baking bits and dessert mints for eyes and candy corn for beaks.