Fantastic Toffee Cheesecake
I wondered what would happen if I used toffee cookies in my trademark cheesecake recipe. Well, I let friends and family be my taste testers, and of my co-workers said it was the best she had ever tasted. —Jody Sizemore, La Junta, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2-1/2 packages (6.70 ounces each) Girl Scout Toffee-tastic™, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits, divided
- Caramel or chocolate ice cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Crush 2 boxes of cookies in a food processor or blender. Add melted butter; press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a 15x10-in. rimmed pan. Bake 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese until creamy. Combine sugar and cornstarch; on low speed, gradually beat into cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in whipping cream and vanilla just until combined (do not overbeat).
- Chop remaining cookies into bite-size pieces. Fold cookie pieces and 1/2 cup toffee bits into cream cheese mixture. Pour over cooled crust; return springform to rimmed pan.
- Bake cheesecake until edges are light golden and center is almost set, about 60-70 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toffee chips. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. If desired, top cheesecake with caramel or chocolate topping.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 541 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Fantastic Toffee Tastic Cheesecake in Girl Scouts of the USA - 2016 Contest
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.