A common combination of potatoes, bacon and cheese is made extra special with the unique addition of olives. This old-fashioned comforting dish is great with all kinds of meats.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in water until tender; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Fantastic Potatoes in Country Pork