- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries and blackberries
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 450° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, milk, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour filling into crust. Cover edges with foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with fruit. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forFantastic Flan Pie
"This is getting ridiculous: I rate something five-stars, but when I submit, it will show a three- or four-star rating. I don't get it! This is a wonderful pie and I'm irked that my rating can't be changed."