After your family tastes this recipe, they will never plain mash potatoes again. The cream cheese and sour cream add so much flavor!—Sheila Lake, Mission Valley, Montana
Recommended: The 30-Minute Thanksgiving Dinner
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 45 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and mash. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper; beat until well blended.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 2001, p6