What a treat for green beans! You’ll love the sweet-salty sauce, nutty taste of cashews and sprinkling of bacon. Kelly Waller - Madison, Florida
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Green Beans in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p45
Reviews for Fancy Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review