- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup salted whole cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, honey and butter. Saute pepper and onion in drippings until tender. Add the beans, teriyaki mixture, bacon, cashews and lemon juice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFancy Green Beans
"These are flavorful and the entire family loved them. Since I have "gouty" menfolk, I substituted ham base for the bacon."
"I found the green beans to be a bit on the bland side. I say I would try it again but would make it spicier."
"I bet thie would also be good with snap peas. Might try that."
"I bet these would also be good on snap peas. Might try that."
"tasty. Servec to friends at a steak BBQ. Perfect side dish...easy to prepare"
"Excellent recipe. Made just as written, and enjoyed by all. Will use this for company."
"I like to add some chopped fresh chilies when I saute the onions and peppers They just to give these some sting. Works equally well with fresh or frozen baby peas. Dice the peppers and onions for consistency in size and shape (Nice thing about frozen is that you don't have to precook. Just thaw in a bowl with hot tap water.) Overall, very good."
"The photograph shows sliced red peppers & onions - the onions are colored by the teriyaki sauce."
"I'm just curious. The photograph shows both red and yellow peppers, I think. But the recipe says just red. Or . . . what IS that yellow stuff???"