Fancy Frozen Fruit Cups
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peaches
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bananas, watermelon, grapes, strawberries and peaches. Add juice mixture and mix well.
- 2. Place about 1/2 cup fruit mixture in 5-oz. disposable plastic wine glasses with removable bottoms or 5-oz. disposable cups. Top each with four kiwi pieces. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer about 1-3/4 hours before serving.
1/2 cup: 124 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Aug 2, 2013
My mom made this for my brother's rehearsal dinner, and it was a huge hit. It is both delicious and pretty! Since then, it has become a favorite family treat, especially when there is extra fruit on hand! (There is always left over watermelon!)
Apr 7, 2013
Lovely fruit dessert or for any meal!