Fancy Frozen Fruit Cups
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes
- 1-1/2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups cubed peaches
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, bananas, watermelon, grapes, strawberries and peaches. Add juice mixture and mix well.
- Place about 1/2 cup fruit mixture in 5-oz. disposable plastic wine glasses with removable bottoms or 5-oz. disposable cups. Top each with four kiwi pieces. Cover and freeze until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer about 1-3/4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 124 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Aug 2, 2013
My mom made this for my brother's rehearsal dinner, and it was a huge hit. It is both delicious and pretty! Since then, it has become a favorite family treat, especially when there is extra fruit on hand! (There is always left over watermelon!)
Apr 7, 2013
Lovely fruit dessert or for any meal!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.