Fancy Bean Casserole
My daughter gave me this wonderful recipe, and I've since shared it with many of my friends.—Venola Sharpe, Campbellsville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 386 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Fancy Bean Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.