Fancy Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, divided
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh or dried chives, divided
- 1. Rub potatoes with oil; place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine pulp, butter, sour cream and milk; beat until creamy. Stir in salt, pepper and half of the pimientos and chives. Spoon or pipe filling into shells. Return to baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining pimientos and chives. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fancy Baked Potatoes
"This is my wife's uncle's favorite way for potatoes!! We all love them!!"
"This was my first attempt at twice baked potatoes and we found them bland. Even with added butter it just was no match for a regular baked potato."
"Very good! I sprinkled some shredded parmesan cheese on top before baking for an extra special addition!"
"These eye-appealing potatoes make diners go ooh & aah! And they taste as good as they look. This recipe makes the easiest twice-baked potatoes I've ever tried, and now I think my family would be disappointed if I made them any other way."