Famous Fried Chicken
This fried chicken tastes even better cold the next day. But with such a flavor, there are never any leftovers...no matter how much I make!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In a shallow bow, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Famous Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Apr 8, 2016
Very tasty! Crispy like fried chicken but more tender and less greasy ! I will definitely make this on a regular basis!
Jan 14, 2013
Very good and easy to make. I used buttermilk instead of the milk.