Famous Fried Chicken
This fried chicken tastes even better cold the next day. But with such a flavor, there are never any leftovers...no matter how much I make!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In a shallow bow, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until juices run clear.
Apr 8, 2016
Very tasty! Crispy like fried chicken but more tender and less greasy ! I will definitely make this on a regular basis!
Jan 14, 2013
Very good and easy to make. I used buttermilk instead of the milk.