VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In a shallow bow, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Famous Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p35
Reviews forFamous Fried Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review