Family Tree Fudgy Brownies
Decorated with names or not, LaTressa Allen's treats have rich fudge flavor and a gooey marshmallow layer that'll surely be a hit with your family. "Mine, for one, absolutely loves chocolate," she chuckles from Fort Worth, Texas. "I'm constantly trying new desserts with that ingredient—and have found these brownies please young and old alike."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting or 2 cups vanilla frosting of your choice
- Liquid or paste food coloring, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat chocolate and butter until melted; remove from the heat. Combine sugar, flour and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and pecans. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows; return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Spread with a knife; cool.
- In saucepan, heat chocolate, butter and milk, until chocolate and butter are melted. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Frost brownies. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag. Tint vanilla frosting with food coloring if desired; place in the bag. Pipe names on brownies.