Family-Style Turkey Potpie
"Despite our last name, we like spicy flavorful foods like this hearty potpie seasoned with zesty green chilies and cheese."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 to 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 10-12 times or until smooth.
- Set aside a third of the dough. Roll remaining dough into a 15x11-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, chilies and green onions. Spoon into crust. Roll out reserved dough; make a lattice crust. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 792 calories, 41g fat (23g saturated fat), 175mg cholesterol, 1167mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as Family-Style Turkey Potpie in Taste of Home October/November 2004