Family-Style Meat Loaf Dinner
To me, no food is as comforting as meat loaf. I love it even more when I can make my whole dinner in the slow cooker—meat, potatoes, carrots…even the gravy!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- Cut three 25-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cracker crumbs, onion, oats, cream, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in the center of the strips. Arrange the potatoes, carrots and onion around meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms and gravy mix; spread over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Spoon vegetables and gravy into a serving bowl. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter; cut into 12 slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices meat loaf with 1 cup vegetable mixture: 726 calories, 38g fat (15g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 1775mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 42g protein.
Originally published as Five Star Slow Cooker Meat Loaf Dinner! in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012