- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- Confectioners' sugar
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine eggs and milk in a shallow dish; place bread in dish and soak for 5 minutes, turning once. Place bread over sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve brown sugar side up; dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Style French Toast
"My kids loved this version of french toast, and they usually aren't big fans of french toast. They didn't even ask for syrup. I didn't soak the bread for as long, and it had a nice firm texture."
"This french toast was very good. No need for syrup. I may try soaking the bread a little less longer next time as well. However, we left it in the warmer drawer for seconds after church, and the additional time did help solidify the middle."
"I probably wouldn't soak the bread for the full 5 min. next time. It soaked up to much and by the end I had no liquid left. Very goo tasting though."