“I’m a big fan of pasta, smoked sausage and cheese, and I love spicy food. This dish has it all,” confirms Lisa Varner of Charleston, South Carolina. “Paired with a salad and bread, it makes a complete meal.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound reduced-fat smoked sausage, casings removed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add sausage and green pepper; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until sausage is lightly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salsa, chili powder and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 379 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.