Family-Pleasing Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, press pizza dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Layer with 1 cup mozzarella, sausage and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 373 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Family-Pleasing Pizza
"We had to make our own gluten free crust, but the rest of it I followed the directions exactly. It was a delicious pizza! I'm glad it didn't have a sauce. I don't like heavy sauces on pizzas."
"So good! I substituted turkey sausage and it still tasted great! I also used less mozzarella."
"I have had requests to make this pizza many times. It is so delicious and so easy"
"This was absolutely fabulous. My husband really liked it. My daughter even liked it and she is hard to please.Lori"