Family-Pleasing Ham Fried Rice
This is a recipe that even my children love. When I make it for the whole family, I triple the ingredients and let the kids use chopsticks. It gets a little messy, but it's fun.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup cold cooked rice
- 2/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- Dash chili powder, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a small skillet, cook and stir eggs in oil over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove and set aside. In same skillet, cook the rice, ham, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and chili powder if desired until heated through. Stir in soy sauce and reserved eggs. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Ham Fried Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.