This is a recipe that even my children love. When I make it for the whole family, I triple the ingredients and let the kids use chopsticks. It gets a little messy, but it's fun.
Recommended: 31 Casserole Recipes for December
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold cooked rice
- 2/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash pepper
- Dash chili powder, optional
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In a small skillet, cook and stir eggs in oil over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove and set aside. In same skillet, cook the rice, ham, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and chili powder if desired until heated through. Stir in soy sauce and reserved eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham Fried Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p201