- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 pounds process American cheese, cubed
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/3 cups butter or margarine, divided
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 20 pounds potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups crushed Club crackers (about 40)
- In four Dutch ovens or soup kettles, combine soups, cheese, sour cream, 1 cup butter, seasoned salt, garlic power and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Add potatoes; mix well. Transfer to four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes (dishes will be full). Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until bubbly. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 60-65 servings.
Reviews forFamily Gathering Potatoes
"I make this for our church suppers. It never fails that people want the recipe. I have even used this using left over potatoes and it comes out just as delicious!"