This slow cooker casserole has lots of cheese and pepperoni, so it's family- and kid-friendly. It makes a lot, is easy to prepare and has all the wonderful flavors of pizza!—Hollie Clark, Ames, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce and mushrooms.
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the noodles, meat sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 734 calories, 43g fat (25g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 1266mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 51g protein.
Originally published as Crockpot Pizza in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2011