Family-Favorite Taco Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and seasonings; heat through.
- 2. Divide lettuce among six plates; top each with 2/3 cup turkey mixture, 4 teaspoons cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 239 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Taco Salad
"This recipe was great because it took no time at all to make. The flavors were yummy and it was nice to not use a tortilla shell and save some calories."
"Tasty! I altered the spices to more closely resemble my own homemade taco seasoning, just as a personal preference. We also threw some diced avocado, scallions and crushed tortilla chips on top with a squirt of lime, and that made this a hearty meal."