Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 to 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Pat into a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Top with sour cream, salsa, cheese, lettuce and olives if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 279 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Family Favorite Taco Meat Loaf
"I made half this recipe and it is really good. I baked it in the convection oven at 325 dergrees for about 50 minutes, 45 would be perfect. I served with all the toppings and that made it! I served a side of refried beans which was perfect, maybe some spanish rice or corn next time........."
"This was a huge twist to Taco Tuesday at our home! My father is not a fan of tacos, but loves meatloaf, so when I made this he enjoyed it so much he asked for seconds! Very creative! The only thing I did different was to add a chopped onion to the mix. Will definitely fix this more often!"
"The concept seemed good, but didn't go over in my house."
"I liked it very much. My husband felt it could be more moist. I uses 90% lean hamburger. Maybe I should get hamburger with a little more fat next time. It has a wonderful flavor"
"This is a great twist on meatloaf! I made into smaller "slider" patties. Delicious!"
"Punky 4640 How long do you bake it. Thanks"
"Pleasantly surprised! I love tacos and dont really care for meat loaf. This was really good, and will be better if I put it on shells or tortillas to."
"This was a big hit with my family. And a big hit with me on a busy day when the temp was in the 90's I like the topping so much I used it again on Mexican rice. YUM! Thank you."
"This recipe was very good and easy to make. I added a few things to spice it up a bit more. Like cilantro and Jalapeno and then rolled it in a tortilla."