Family Favorite Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1-inch wheels
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, parsley, pepper and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag, add vegetables and pineapple. Seal both bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours. Drain and discard both marinades.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork with vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until pork is tender, turning often.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 474 calories, 24g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2015
I had a hard time with this recipe and probably will not make again. In my attempt to make sure that the pork was cooked thoroughly I ended up overcooking both the veggies and the pork. It was salvageable but disappointing. ??????
May 26, 2015
These were so fun and really good! I had more veggies than I had kabob sticks, so we grilled them up in a grill basket and ate as a side dish to supper the next night - it was really good!
Jul 11, 2013
Tenderizes the meat really well - the flavor of the marinade is good, but definitely needs a bit more flavor.
May 29, 2011
This recipe is yummy, wonderful flavor & I will make it again for sure. I liked the idea of using pork.
Aug 11, 2010
I halved this and made it for just myself and my husband AND then a couple weeks later, made it when my parents came to visit. It was a hit both times! I love the versatility of the recipe-- you can use other meat, and you don't have to use all the ingredients for the skewers if you don't want to. This makes a lot, but the leftovers are great as well!
Aug 4, 2010
I loved these kabobs. We used steak and various garden veggies we had on hand. Served with brown rice. Very good!
May 30, 2010
This is one of our favorite meals!!
Apr 26, 2010
This is a fabulous recipe! And it makes a lot! We made it without the corn (cooked it separately) and without the green peppers (I prefer red peppers). We will definitely make it again this summer.
Jan 7, 2010
this is such a fantastic recipe! Iam a mom of 4 and we own a cattle feed lot so I used steak instead of pork! I make this for family get to gether's and they are always a big hit!
Jun 13, 2009
My family loves these and have requested them again this summer...the corn and pineapple make the kabobs as good as having dessert for the meal! The marinade is made with everyday supplies and really gives everything a nice kick!