Family-Favorite Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
When a friend ordered this pizza in a restaurant, I was skeptical. But after trying a slice, I was hooked! My family is thrilled that I serve this at least twice a month.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar and salt; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with cheese, ham and pineapple. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 248 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Hawaiian Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC