VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes and boiling water; stir until water is absorbed. Add the mushrooms, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended. Add to stuffing mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Family Favorite Dressing in Country Woman November/December 2004, p36