- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 40 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg yolks; beat on low just until combined. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour over crust. Bake for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Cheesecake
"this is by far the best cheese cake recipe."
"This is by far the best tasting basic cheesecake recipe I've ever tasted. To me it's the texture that really sets it apart-- lighter, not so dense. So simple to make that you think it will be bland but the flavor is perfect! I would imagine that it would be very easy to customize with different add-ins as well. Even my no cheesecake people loved it! :)"
"My cheese cake has cracked too much. Plz can smone tell me how to prevent this. TIA"
"To answer Jenette1 question - I would say- To set the crust. It will hold together much better if you do this."
"Why does it say to bake for 5 minutes?"
"I have been making this recipe for at least 15 years, and have given away many many copies of it. It's our go-to favorite cheesecake"
"I have made many cheesecakes in all varieties. This recipe is delicious and made it to the top of the list."
"I made this for my husband for his birthday. He said that it was the best cheesecake he had ever had and immediately started searching for the recipe on line. The kids loved it too! I served it plain; I didn't even make the topping. I must admit, I thought it was pretty good, too. It was not even hard to do. I would much rather make this recipe than buy one in the store!"
"this recipe is a winner. even my husband who is super critical of new recipes gave it 2 thumbs up. will make again!"