- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFamily-Favorite Beef Roast
"I made this last night and it was fantastic! I tend to avoid recipes that call for meat and tomatoes unless it is a soup recipe. So glad I didn't pass this one up! Thanks for sharing this recipe. It will certainly be a family favorite in our house!"