Family Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Dissolve yeast in warm milk; add sugar and set aside. In a large bowl, cut butter into flour and salt. Add yolks and yeast mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- 2. Divide dough into two parts. Roll each piece to fit a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place one piece in pan. For filling, beat yolk, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over dough and cover with remaining dough. Press lightly to seal edges around pan. Brush top with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with nuts. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece: 215 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Family Cheesecake Squares
"This is sooooo good. It's just as good with pie filling on top also!!"