I like to make this recipe in the fall and winter for special occasions because it's very colorful, tasty and healthy. It's a hearty side that complements many different meat dishes. —Krystine Kercher, Lincoln, Nebraska
Featured In: 25 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 fresh beets, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh parsley or dried parsley flakes, optional
- Place the carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, onions and water in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Stir vegetables and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fall Garden Medley in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p60