Fajita Tortilla Bowls
When brushed with butter and baked over custard cups, Katie's spinach tortillas make crunchy bowls for lettuce salads topped with pork and peppers.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 spinach tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 4-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place six 10-oz. custard cups upside down in a shallow baking pan; set aside. Brush both sides of tortillas with butter; place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 1 minute. Place a tortilla over each custard cup, pinching sides to form a bowl shape. Bake for 7-8 minutes longer or until crisp. Remove tortilla from cups to cool on wire racks.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Combine pork and seasoning mix; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until meat juices run clear. Remove pork with a slotted spoon.
- In the drippings, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender. Place lettuce in tortilla bowls; top with the pork, pepper mixture and tomato.
Editor's Note: 4-in.-diameter foil balls can be used instead of custard cups.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Fajita Tortilla Bowls in Quick Cooking March/April 2003