- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 jar (15-1/2 to 16 ounces) medium chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- Sprinkle shrimp with fajita seasoning; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Slowly stir grits into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted; stir in milk. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender and pepper edges are slightly charred. Add salsa, orange juice and shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp turn pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cilantro. Remove from heat.
- Spoon grits into serving bowls; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 4 servings
Reviews forFajita-Style Shrimp and Grits
"It was pretty good!"
"Definitely a keeper! We loved it, and is very easy!"