- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet, fry tortilla strips in 2 tablespoons oil on both sides for 1 minute or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, cook the chicken, beef, green pepper, onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin and pepper in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and lime juice until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pineapple and tomato; heat through. Serve with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFajita Skillet
"I loved it! The flavors were great. I only made it with chicken because I forgot to buy steak for it. Also I used red peppers. I will definitely make this again."
"This was pretty easy to make and very good. My husband enjoyed it too!"
"Pineapple? Brown sugar? NEVER in fajitas!"
"I've been making this recipe for a few years. To make it even faster, I use canned pineapple chunks. Also, instead of frying the tortillas, we actually roll it up in tortillas. Its a little saucy, but so good!"
"I agree--pineapple and soy sauce don't belong. The real trick in getting true fajita taste is to add 1/2 teaspoon of ground chipolte chile. It ads a nice "smokey" flavor. Spice Islands makes it and can be found in local grocery stores. I mix my own fajita mix and keep it handy because it's a fast dinner and can be made with chicken, beef or just black beans."
"I thought this looked good until I read the ingredients. No way would I put pineapple in there. Yuck. I love pineapple and I love fajitas but they are not two tastes that belong together!!!"
"I made this for my boyfriend and I about a week ago and wow. The pineapple gives this recipe a nice little kick. I used a NY York strip steak in mine and this was great. I will definitely be making this one again, my bf loved it, said it was the best thing I've made. I recommend this to everyone, it's sooo easy. I can hardly cook and I can make it."
"I really enjoyed this but next time I will leave out the pineapple, as my husband and kids didn't like the fruit in it. They would perfer it served on the side. I did make the "fried tortillas" and thoughtheir addition was a nice change of pace"
"I didnt didnt fry the tortillas. I also did not add chicken or the pineapple. It turned out really yummy anyway!"