Fajita Potato Skins
Nothing satisfies a hungry crowd like these potato skins stuffed with spicy fajita-style beef. Think football…think basketball…think Friday night appetizer party! —Samantha Lang, Rochester, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add taco sauce and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use). Place on greased baking sheets. Spoon beef mixture onto potato shells; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 potato skin: 243 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Fajita Skins in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.