Fajita Potato Skins
Nothing satisfies a hungry crowd like these potato skins stuffed with spicy fajita-style beef. Think football…think basketball…think Friday night appetizer party! —Samantha Lang, Rochester, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add taco sauce and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use). Place on greased baking sheets. Spoon beef mixture onto potato shells; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 potato skin: 243 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.