Fajita Pizza with Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Unroll the pizza crust onto a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the green pepper, onion, chili powder, garlic, cumin and salt; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Spoon over crust; top with salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 261 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 5, 2013
My family loves this pizza. When it comes out I top it with frsh lettuce and serve with sour cream!
Aug 20, 2011
There is a very similar recipe by Tricia Longo, 2009 summer appetizers that has altered the quantity of the ingredients which I used and it seemed perfect.
Jan 22, 2009
Use a thick salsa so the crust doesn't get soggy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.