This is a super-flavorful and quick entree. It takes me just a few minutes to prepare. Though you could serve it for brunch, whenever I ask my family what they want for dinner, this is their most popular request. –Mary Ann Gomez, Lombard, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large ovenproof skillet, saute the chicken, onion, green pepper, lime juice, salt, cumin and chili powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour egg substitute over chicken mixture. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until nearly set. Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.