- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine beef and seasoning mix, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add burgers; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan. In same skillet, add peppers and onion; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- On the center of each tortilla, place 1/2 cup pepper mixture, one burger and 3 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides of tortilla over burger; fold top and bottom to close, forming a square.
- Wipe skillet clean. Place wraps in skillet, seam side down. Cook on medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in beef reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFajita Burger Wraps
"Very delicious. I ate it without the flour tortilla because I'm doing low carb. My family loved it also."
"These were amazing! We did use one fewer pepper for family preferences, but these were delicious and a favorite for every family member."