Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add chocolate; mix until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 446 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Fabulous Fudge Cheesecake
"Oh my gosh, this was one of the most amazing cheesecakes I have ever made. For the crust I replaced the vanilla wafers and cocoa with chocolate animal crackers. My husband is not big on desserts but when I asked if I should give some to the neighbors he would only allow them a taste! Wonderful!"
"chocolate chips didn't melt and there was nothing in the directions about melting first. Oh well...still tasted great!"