Fabulous Fruit Spread Recipe
Our Test Kitchen concocted this citrusy cream cheese spread accented with bits of dried fruit and tangy grated orange peel. Serve it as a snacking spread on low-fat crackers or for breakfast on English muffins or bagels.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup assorted dried fruit, chopped
- Toast or English muffins
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first four ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Stir in fruit. Spread on toast or English muffins. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 20 servings.
2 tablespoons: 44 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Fabulous Fruit Spread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC