- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped or 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add oil and onions to drippings; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in tarragon, salt, pepper and cayenne; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Add parsley to the tomato mixture; simmer 5 minutes longer. Stir in bacon. Drain fettuccine; top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forFabulous Fettuccine
"I've been making this recipe for my family for years. The only change I make is , MORE bacon!"