- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil over medium heat. Place steak and drippings in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on high until meat is almost tender, 2-3 hours. Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook ntil meat and vegetables are tender, 1 hour.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions; spoon beef and vegetables down the center of tortillas. Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFabulous Fajitas
"We love Mexican food so this recipe satisfies our craving!!"
"Good basic recipe, but a little bland- I add a couple of different chili powders, ancho, chipotle- lots more garlic. Cannot eat green peppers, use yellow, red or orange. Lime juice instead of lemon. A touch of honey. Cook on low, 6-8 hours. I use the lime at the end, before serving."
"this was very good, but I would probably add a little more seasoning the next time. I will make this again."
"I'm surprised I didn't submit a review on this recipe earlier (shame on me)! This recipe is truly FABULOUS! This is my go-to recipe for fajitas; not only do I use steak, but I also use chicken and I'll double the recipe so one night we have fajitas, the next night I'll make quesadillas with either the chicken or steak. This is such a keeper!!"
"I also prepare this recipe by marinating chicken in the seasonings, then cooking it on individual fajita skillets"
"This was great. The meat was so tender! easy to make too. I doubled the recipe to serve 7 people."
"I used half of the recipe and put it in my 1.5 qt slow cooker and it was perfect for the two of us. I used lime instead of lemon, but I couldn't detect any lime flavor. I would have been better off using the lemon during cooking and adding a squeeze of lime at the end."