Eyes-Wide-Open Espresso Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons finely ground espresso beans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 45 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, cocoa, espresso beans, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the surface cracks. Immediately press a coffee bean into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2012
easy to make, nice deep chocolate flavor,sgood chewy texure. nice for halloween, look a little like eyes are watching you!
Sep 6, 2012
Could someone please tell me where to find the ground espresso beans and the chocolate covered coffee beans?
Oct 16, 2011
I used lite butter and it worked just fine and a few less calories!!
Oct 16, 2011
These cookies are delicious!! You can get the chocolate covered espresso beans at Starbucks or Caribou coffee shops! If you love coffee, you will love these cookies!
Oct 10, 2011
I made this on Sunday afternoon and my daughter took them all back with her to her home. I'll be making them again tonight. They are just as tasty with plain espresso beans on the top