- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 10 slices tomato, halved
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes. Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread chips evenly in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into ten 5x3-in. portions. Top each with lettuce and onion. Add tomatoes, sour cream and olives to make eyeballs. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEyeball Taco Salad
"Loved by the whole family!"
"My kids loved it and it doesn't have to be a holiday dish."
"I have been making this recipe for 4 years now every Halloween it is delicious!! We have a party and everyone who comes wants to come back if I am making eyeball taco salad!"
"This recipe has become a Halloween tradtion for my family. My kids look forward to it every year."