Extra-Crispy Italian Chicken
A cousin shared this recipe with me several years ago. Since then, I've made it too many times to count! I especially like to serve this chicken to guests because it's very attractive.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups pancake mix
- 2 envelopes zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, combine pancake mix and one envelope salad dressing mix. In another shallow bowl, combine the second envelope of salad dressing mix, egg and club soda. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then coat with seasoned pancake mix. Place chicken pieces on a rack; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Extra-Crispy Italian Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.